Tuesday, October 2, 2012

3 MT LESSONS LEARNED

There are three items I wanted to write about today. They are lessons that I've learned along the way and are basic concepts that might help some MTs out there.  Check it.

1. SOMETIMES THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE!
The clients I work with surprise me all the time.  Perspective is key.  Instead of looking at the impossibly long term goal, think short term and a "little at a time".  When you look back, you might be surprised at how far someone has come.  A goal that seems entirely unattainable can be broken down into reasonably achievable steps. Before you know it, that impossible far away goal is closer than you think.

2. IF THEY SAY NO, ASK AGAIN LATER! 
I'm talking about scheduling woes here.  This week I rescheduled 8 of my client groups.  This was no small feat.  Rearranging clients and seeing them at times that fit together makes great sense.  Often I schedule clients anywhere they fit and try to force the pieces of the time puzzle together.  Taking a look at my clients time slots and session locations recently, I realized that I might be able to increase my productivity dramatically and get home to be with my family at a reasonable hour.  I've tried rearranging my clients like this before but I was met with so many dead ends. Lot's of Nos and too few Yeses. Sometimes the timing just isn't right. Sometimes it takes asking the right person. Whatever the reason, try asking for your request at a later time...the worst they can say is No. Again.

3. YOU WANNA GIVE UP? DON'T GIVE UP!
My husband and I started this workout video series this summer that's basically a knock off P90X.  We had so much fun laughing at the motivational catch phrases that the host of the videos threw out between squats and push-ups etc... Right when you were getting really tired during the work out, he'd say something like the phrase above and Nate and I would crack up and keep going. HOWEVER, this phrase has sort of stuck with me.  I find myself using it when I feel like I'm not making enough progress or when life throws you those career curve balls that you weren't counting on. Let's face it, we all need a pick me up and this phrase has been great for me. Simple and slightly funny due to it's origin. Find your own phrase to boost your confidence and determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment