Hey yalls. It's almost 100 degrees today! So what better topic to link the weather to than professional burn out! First of all this is something I believe every professional that cares and who works hard eventually feels at some point in their lives. With life revolving around the themes of summer and vacations and swimming and picnics etc..., it reminds me to step back sometimes and take it easy.
Sometimes I have to say to myself, HEY! SIMPLIFY! You don't have to do it all...and then I struggle to follow my own advice.
Anyway I did a little research and found some great tips on how to relax and found a few defining warning signs of burn out that I thought were worth mentioning. Who knew I'd need tips for that?!
WARNING SIGNS INCLUDE:
- Loss of interesting in meaning of your work
- Chronic fatigue
- Anger at those making demands
- Negativity and irritability
TIPS FOR REJUVENATING:
- Take time away from work if possible, take that vacation and ENJOY IT!
- If you can't get away, take FREQUENT BREAKS doing things OUTSIDE your field
- CHANGE your routine
- Take deep breaths
- Un-hunch your shoulders and re-position your posture correctly
- SEEK SILENCE
- Eat healthy
- Use music for your own benefit- hey it works for our clients. Use it for yourself, would ya?
- SCHEDULE nothing on your weekends. Don't fill them up with more busy times than the work week.
- Soak in the tub
- Make up your own calming, rejuvenating mantra