Thursday, January 26, 2012

VALENTINE'S DAY MUSIC THERAPY IDEAS

My Guy by Mary Wells.

   
 My Girl. 

 I could almost just stop right there. I mean need I say more? But in case you need some ideas I would suggest 2. 
 1. For BOTH of these classics, there is a strong hand clap that you can definitely use as a warm up. I'm thinking of adults here....and probably older adults but you know, these are classics and they do stand the test of time so roll with it. Clap as a group. Follow the backup singers and clap side to side or have the group come up with different ways to clap (above head, side to side etc...) You could also use drums to tap the beat as well. 
 2. MOOOOOVEMENT! Move Like the Temptations! The moves aren't that hard and the tempos are pretty slow. I plan on trying to adapts the moves for seated positioning and rock it out just like those suave cats with my seniors. It's a fun way to cover both men and women all in the spirit of valentine's day and beat the winter blues to boot. good luck and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. When someone writes an article he/she keeps the thought of a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it. Therefore that’s why this post is outstanding.Thanks!

    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete