Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winter Wonderland Music Therapy Warm Fuzzies Nerd Alert

Hey who's that cool cat pictured above? This retro almost latin looking man. Who is he? Oh that's Johnny Mathis. Not latin, not that I know of. i could be wrong. I mean, who knows much about this guy anyway? Not me. In fact he's the sort of singer I might categorize in that do-good pure boy genre that makes up the Lawrence Welk sound. A sound my older clients ADORE. So forgive my ignorance but I don't know a darn thing about Johnny....except....I just decided today that well, he might do the song "Winter Wonderland" the best. like maybe the real deal best. and here's why. Please press play below while you read the rest of the post.



Today while in a session, I happened to be having a great time. It was one of those nights where everything was going great and I got all Christmasy and perhaps more enthusiastic. We were telling stories and counting the incredible numbers of snowmen figurines in the living room of the house where I was treating (23!!!). Then I played Johnny Mathis singing "Winter Wonderland". We were throwing a beach ball around when the music got all quiet and dare i say....magical...eeeeeek! it did! (INSERT NERD ALERT) check it out at about 1:05 in the vidi. All my clients stopped, listened, smiled and when the quiet part was over, we all laughed and kept going. The great mood lasted the rest of the session and as I left, one of the staff at the house peeked around the bend, admitted that she was listening to us and told me that I was a blessing..and that, my friends is some good warm fuzzy stuff.  I got in my car and played Johnny again and thought of that woman telling me I was a blessing and I felt AWESOME! Like super awesome. and after having a terrible day yesterday it felt awesome to feel awesome. and Christmasing with my clients helped me as well as them. I am so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment